Home Careers Why Work at FSB?
Why Work at FSB?
Be a part of FSB’s long standing history of being a bank that recognizes the strength of our employees as the force behind our years of success.
Our goal is to not only fulfill our customers’ banking needs, but to also contribute to the communities in which we do business. Our employees give tremendous amounts of time and effort towards supporting community events such as Relay for Life and United Way and also to our schools by participating in “A Banker in Every Classroom”, judging science fairs, assisting with reading programs and just about in any way asked. Once you become an employee of First State Bank, you become a representative of our institution and will be recognized throughout our communities as part of a great organization.
employees are our greatest asset!
It's not enough to just say that “our employees are our greatest asset." We want to show it by offering benefits that are important to them and their families.
- Competitive pay based on skills and abilities
- Bank contributes 84% of employee medical premium
- Bank contributes 51% of employee dental premium
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Cafeteria plan for qualifying pre-tax deductions, which means less taxes paid
- Financial Savings Account (FSA) for pre-tax deductions to reimburse yourself for benefit expenses (from co-pays to fertility treatments) not covered by insurance.
- Dependent Care Spending Account (DC) for pre-tax deductions to reimburse yourself for some child or adult daycare expenses
- Two bank-paid life plans, one with dependent coverage, and employee Long-Term Disability plan
- 401(k) safe harbor dollar-for-dollar matching contributions up to 5%. We match 100% of the first 1% to 3% contributed, then 50% of the next 2%. Employee is 100% vested in personal contributions.
- 11 paid holidays. Floating holidays offered if a holiday falls on a weekend.
- Paid vacation and sick time that may be used for immediate family members
- Four weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Continuing education opportunities
- Advancement opportunities